We will be having Patsy Dunn from the National CFMA Executive Committee come up to Anchorage, Alaska to talk about "Suicide in the Construction Industry." The construction industry is the number one industry for number of suicides and the number two industry in suicide rates. As such, it is an industry imperative to shatter the mental health stigma and create caring cultures within our companies. Be sure to get your RSVP no later than November 11th, so don't miss out on the opportunity to hear from this great speaker.
Lunch will be provided and we want to extend a special thanks to Davis Constructors & Engineers for making available their conference room for this event.
** The location of the luncheon is at the Davis Constructors & Engineers Office at 6591 A street, Suite 100. The luncheon will be held in the Megan room on the first floor of the building.
CFMA Fall Schedule 2017
Note: All General membership meetings typically are 11:30 am – 1:00 pm, unless noted below
- September 27: General Membership Meeting @ FNBA Office with local construction owners/representatives as a guest speaker panel discussing “the Alaska construction industry and current economy.”
- October 25 at 4 pm: Jobsite Walkthrough with Watterson Construction at Kendall Toyota Jobsite (Old Seward and Dowling)
- November 29: General Membership Meeting @ Davis Constructors & Engineers Office with Patsy Dunn who is on the CFMA Executive Committee as guest speaker presenting on the topic “suicide in the construction industry.”
We’re fine tuning the speakers/topics for the spring schedule, however, get the above dates on your calendar now.
CFMA Board of Directors
While Alaska’s Last Frontier Chapter of CFMA doesn’t have general membership meetings during the summer months, the board of directors have been meeting monthly since April working to plan out the 2017-2018 schedule and we appreciate all they do for this great organization. This year’s board of directors are:
- President – Shane Baird, Thomas Head & Greisen, PC
- Vice President – Travis Dosser, F. M. Strand & Associates, PC
- Secretary – Sheila Hill, Davis Constructors & Engineers
- Treasurer – Diana Morlan, First National Bank Alaska
- Membership Coordinator – Christopher Pobieglo, Business Insurance Associates Inc.
- Awards Coordinator – Ron Alban, Alban & Company CPAs
The board of directors are all volunteer and we always welcome interested parties who’d like to get engaged with CFMA on a higher level. If you have an interest in serving on the board of directors or helping with committees, please contact one of the board members and let us know.
If you’re not currently a member of CFMA and are interested in membership, please contact Christopher Pobieglo, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cheers, and look forward to seeing you soon